Saturday 22 September 2012

Apple Cinnamon Walnut Torte


The Apple Cinnamon Walnut Torte from Coffee Cakes: Simple, Sweet and Savory by Lou Seibert Pappas is our latest bake at The Home Bakers  hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours. This is not quite the typical torte because the tortes I know are usually rich layered cakes filled with cream or mousse. My guess is that it’s called a torte because this recipe uses mainly eggs and and sugar with just a small amount of flour to bind the apples, walnuts and cranberries together. 

There wasn’t a picture of this in the recipe book so I could not visualise how it looked like so I followed the recipe and made it in a cake pan. When I sliced it and removed it from the pan, it literally crumbled. I ended up with a plate of very delicious crumbs though. As I wasn’t happy with the way it turned out the first time (the photos did not look too pleasing), I made it again in individual ramekins so that we can eat it like pudding! This is definitely an easier and less messy way of eating the torte. I think this torte is somewhat a cross between a pudding and a crumble.  


My family enjoyed this bake with softened apples, tangy cranberries, crunchy walnuts spiced with the lovely fragrance of cinnamon. There were  several types of texture in each bite which went well with a yoghurt. This is a great fat-free recipe we can we can eat more of with less guilt!
For this blog hop, only the host for that recipe will post the it on her site. For the recipe, please go toFood Is My Life.

1 comment:

  1. getting your website the growing and interesting to read. I have much to learn from you. thank you
    ស្លតកាស៊ីណូអនឡាញ

    ReplyDelete